Conversational Faith is run by Benjie Shaw. I am a Collegiate Ministry Specialist with the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board serving as the campus minister at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, the Director of the Metro Memphis BCM, and the President of Baptist Collegiate Ministries of Memphis. I’ve served in campus ministry contexts for the last 6 years.
I’ve been married to Jenna for 11 years and we have two kids– a 5 year old daughter named Ava and a 2 year old son named Caleb. You should be my friend on Facebook just to read the conversations I have with my kids.
I’m a Crossfit-er, coffee snob, MCU enthusiast, and lover of a good post-apocalyptic story.
My greatest joys in ministry are conversations with students that begin with some form of, “I don’t want to be a heretic, but..” or “I’m just not really sure what I think about…” and helping churches/ministries think strategically about how to engage college students or the unengaged. To that end, I would love to serve you, your church, or your ministry.
I have been fortunate to lead conferences and trainings on the following subjects. I would love to chat about helping to train your group!
- Sharing the Gospel with Atheists, Agnostics, and “Nones”
- 8 Shifts to Reach Millennials
- Not Kids Anymore: Understanding and Reaching Gen Z
- Want to Grow in Your Faith? You Need a Plan! (Intro to Spiritual Disciplines)
- Know and Share Your Story: Personal Testimony Workshop
- Know Your Stuff: 8 Current Apologetic Issues for Working With Young Adults
I’m also available for speaking/preaching engagements. Fill out the contact form below to reach out. I look forward to hearing from you!